These modules are not on the standard module search path;
but are available in the directory lib-old/ installed under
$prefix/lib/python1.5/. To use any of these modules, add that directory to sys.path,
possibly using $PYTHONPATH.
- -- New dir() function (the standard dir() is now just as good)
- -- standard support for "packages"
- -- Extract function name or line number from a function
code object (these are now accessible as attributes: co.co_name,
- -- text formatting abstractions (too slow)
- -- helper for fmt.py
- -- wrapper around FCNTL file locking (use
- -- Polynomials
- -- Print tracebacks, with a dump of local variables (use
pdb.pm() or traceback instead)
- -- Measure time intervals to high resolution (use
time.clock() instead). (This is an extension module.)
- -- Recognize sound files; use sndhdr instead.
- -- Compute properties of mathematical "fields"
The following modules were documented in previous versions of this
manual, but are now considered obsolete:
- -- Import modules in ``packages.'' Basic package support is now
- -- Old interface to the random number generator.
- -- Algorithm for collapsing names which sound similar to a shared
key. (This is an extension module.)
Send comments on this document to email@example.com.