These modules are not on the standard module search path;
but are available in the directory "lib-old/" installed under
"$prefix/lib/python1.5/". To use any of these
modules, add that directory to sys.path, possibly using
- -- New dir() function (the standard dir() is now just as good)
- -- standard support for "packages"
- -- text formatting abstractions (too slow)
- -- helper for fmt.py
- -- wrapper around FCNTL file locking (use
- -- Print tracebacks, with a dump of local variables (use
pdb.pm() or traceback.py instead)
- -- extract function name or line number from a function
code object (these are now accessible as attributes: co.co_name,
The following modules were documented in previous versions of this
manual, but are now considered obsolete:
- -- Import modules in ``packages.''
- -- Old interface to the random number generator.
- -- Algorithm for collapsing names which sound similar to a shared
key. (This is an extension module.)