13. Multimedia Services
The modules described in this chapter implement various algorithms or
interfaces that are mainly useful for multimedia applications. They
are available at the discretion of the installation. Here's an overview:
- -- Manipulate raw audio data.
- -- Manipulate raw image data.
- -- Read and write audio files in AIFF or AIFC format.
- -- Read and write image files in compressed JPEG format.
- -- Read and write image files in ``SGI RGB'' format (the module is
not SGI specific though)!
- -- Determine the type of image contained in a file or byte stream.