6. Generic Operating System Services
The modules described in this chapter provide interfaces to operating
system features that are available on (almost) all operating systems,
such as files and a clock. The interfaces are generally modelled
after the Unix or C interfaces but they are available on most
other systems as well. Here's an overview:
- -- Miscellaneous OS interfaces.
- -- Time access and conversions.
- -- Parser for command line options.
- -- Generate temporary file names.
- -- Standard errno system symbols.
- -- Unix shell style pathname pattern expansion.
- -- Unix shell style pathname pattern matching.
- -- Internationalization services.